I am now preparing, preemptively, to be called both a misogynist and a prude. Both of which don’t bother me anymore, since I’m also getting older and have generally decided that I don’t give a rip what people THINK of me – only what I think of myself in the eyes of God and what my wife and family think of me.
But here goes:
Liberals are ridiculously immature about sex, and I’ve about had it listening to their whining. I am now going to give them a stern, albeit brief, lecture.
Guys – sex? You’re doing it wrong. Completely wrong. Stop doing it wrong before you make yourselves miserable and the rest of us with you since we have to listen to your crap.
Sex is a beautiful, miraculous thing. Everyone should be having lots of it if it’s done in the way that makes it miraculous. The world would be a better place if everyone was in the proper relationship context for sex at least once a day, if not more. We should all be trying to have as much sex as possible. With our spouses! Yes, really, you liberal children, I’m going to go there. For your own good.
The reason that Christians preach about the importance of waiting til marriage before you have sex are numerous, backed by strong statistical and scientific evidence, and completely ignored by the left. A quick summary – do some research on these bullet points if you want the facts behind them, I frankly don’t have the time to hold your hands while you discover what an idiot you are about sex.
- People in long-term, committed relationships do have less sex, but are considerably more satisfied with sex than others.
- Sex, done right, is about trust and intimacy. You clumsy fools with your hook-up culture and six-month “relationships” based on nothing more than immediate pleasure seeking have no idea how much more meaningful a sexual experience is when you are committed to that other person…when the sex act is an expression of your willingness to give love, to reach for God through your union. There’s a reason young, single women are so dissatisfied with sex as a group these days.
- Sex carries the awesome power of creation. Not being open to this – blocking this power – robs the sex act of significance and makes it cheap and (pardon the phrase) anti-climactic. One study found that women were less likely to have an orgasm during sex when their male partner wore a condom. It is also well known that conception is more likely when the woman has an orgasm. And that men dislike using condoms for a reason (and no, I’m not excusing the guy who knocks a girl up because he doesn’t want to lose feeling during sex and then doesn’t take responsibility – that would ALSO be doing it wrong. I’m saying, guys and gals, that sex is not intimate and satisfying without a full bodily union.
- If you’re going to run around breaking things and making a mess, it is reasonable for us to expect you to pay for the consequences. Why is it “blocking access” to contraception to require you to pay for it yourself? Are grocery stores “blocking access” to food? Are car dealers “blocking access” to that new Fusion Hybrid because they cost money? Stop being so damned spoiled, kids. You want to screw around and “have fun” – you pay for the damned condoms and birth control pills. They aren’t even that damned expensive.
- And of course…for those of you who think that abortions should be on demand, no consequences, no questions asked…sorry, but science is clear that the zygote is alive from the moment of implantation at the very latest. If you won’t be grown up enough to admit that abortion is killing a life, how do you expect us to have a dialogue. Now it’s all about “whether the mother feels like she’s actually a mother.” Boy…if we used that standard for murder in the adult world, things would get UGLY. Do you FEEL like what you do was wrong, Mr. Dahmer? Get real…grow up…and form your beliefs around what is patently obviously true, not what you want to be true to make yourselves feel better. If you want to argue that abortion is killing a life, but it should be OK anyway because (insert arguments here)….that at least would be intellectually honest and mature. You’d lose horribly and you know it…but at least I could look at you without wanting to build a rocket to Mars and start the human race over again.
- I’m sure that women who work for Hobby Lobby have plenty of sex. I’m sure that Hobby Lobby doesn’t care how much its employees have sex. Nothing about the family’s position on the issue is denying access to sex. You can live without the store paying for your morning-after pills and still screw around like a drunken sorority sister. You’re protesting something that has nothing to do with having sex…by having sex??
- Let’s put female sexuality on display so that men will respect us as equals? Huh??? Yes…objectifying women is SO EMPOWERING.
- How many arrests before that NARAL exec realizes that all this does is harden Hobby Lobby’s opinion about your position on this issue? What message do you suppose it sends to Hobby Lobby? That people on your side are rational, thinking folks with a reasonable opinion? Or that you’re friggin’ INSANE?
EDIT TO ADD:
If you want some confirmation on my claims above regarding Christian sexual teaching – stop reading that sick freak Kinsey and start reading Andrew Greeley. Hit tip to John Konsecsni once again for the quick-hitter reference idea. 🙂
EDIT TO CORRECT a misuse of the term fetus.
Technically, it is a fetus the moment it implants…but a zygote before the implantation. Both stages are considered “alive” scientifically…there is some disagreement as to whether cell division is advanced enough prior to implantation to say that the process has fully begun.